 Local / Australia / 3335
Re: my first FOTM and something unusual that happened while I was out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:04:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
I don't condone this, but what you do with the security stickers is either
stick them on the bottom of your shoes to set off the alarms, or put them in
other peoples bags so they set off the alarms (snicker....). Big W has alot
of these now, i guess everyone is trying to cut down on theft. The problem
is, especially with the smaller sets, is people have been opening them in
the store and just taking the polybags with them, leaving the boxes. The
larger boxes now have the strapping which is good. I volunteer to give a
good butt kicking to any Lego Thieves!!

We were discussing this, on the way to S'fest V. The labour cost involved and
the price of the metallic stickers themselves when applied to an Impulse set
must chew into the profit margin. Then the contents are pilfered anyway.
Our group excursion to the 'home of impulse' turned up heaps of tampered with
boxes, but often when checked, the contents are all there. Maybe it's a case
of, there's a tab let's push it, there's a button let's push it.............
because...because we can !

pw (somewhat nervous about peering into tampered boxes while watched)