 Local / Australia / 3318
Re: 2001 - a Spayed Oddity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Has everyone, >seen the new sets at
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=23237
for next year. Any local comments ?

Mainly ho hum for me - imperial shuttle looks interesting.

I saw the whine about the AT-ST, but like so many other SW sets, it looks
like a worthy collection of parts to me.

Ho hum, droid carrier, ho hum, where are the Pirate ships, ho hum, escape
pod...but wait! What's that pictured below the TIE fighter, could it
possible be, a STORMTROOPER?!

Probably not.

Ho hum...

There are now clearer scans at the FBTB site.
These seem even more bizarre now.
Check out the 'muffin head' minifig in the Alpha Team.
Not to mention 'bucket mouth'.
A number of strange new parts and colours including 'Liberty' green and purple
and light blue droidy bits on the martians.

pw
Still baldly going...