 Local / Australia / 3302
Re: guess what I found yesterday (monday)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 05:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
only one of the coolest sets of late, the mindstorms camera. There was
only 1 and it was at the toyworld in fremantle. So if you want this, get
searching :)

Myer Hobart have just got 1 of these, the price was unmarked so I asked: $232
which seems very high as I'm fairly sure Dick Smith have them for ~$169 (don't
know whether they are actually in stock or not though).  Myer wouldn't price
match as they claimed they couldn't on their margin (this was volunteered, I
didn't ask them to!) and that DS must have a special bulk deal.

What was the price on your Toyworld one?

Myer used to have the cheapest Lego in my part of the world, but more and more
they're becoming one of the more expensive.  Are they upping their prices to
support more frequent 20% off sales (big hint here - keep an eye out...) or
are Lego prices going up across the board?

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com