 Local / Australia / 3127
RE: TRU Heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 05:54:51 GMT

Northlands, as in Melbourne...as in near where I live? or another one with a
similar name?

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory...Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Deidre Rushton Brumby [mailto:drb@tasmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 4:53 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: TRU Heads-up

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

I'm not sure if I've seen this item mentioned, but the 8462 • blue Technic tow
truck is on sale at TRU for $131.00. I seem to recall that David Drew
recommended buying it for under $200, so this seems like a • pretty good
price. Have fun finding one though - I've only seen them at • TRU Northland -
Melbourne's "discontinued stock" TRU!

Thanks Paul, I _think_ I've got one from Northland but I do
not recommend
trying to order from this store by phone unless you have a
lot of patience
and are prepared to see the savings eroded in long distance
phone call costs
(I'll spare you the gory details, mainly because I don't want to risk
bagging them publicly and then having it not arrive :) )

Pete W (thanks Pete, again) told me about the availability of
these from DYA
but I'd assumed I'd missed out (son got pneumonia and Lego
was the last thing
on my mind) but thought this would be easier anyway, it is
local(ish) after
all! Ha. Ha. Ha.  I have just checked and DYA still have them
if anyone is
interested.

Anyway, if you're local to the Northlands store they had one
left after mine
late yesterday.  If you're not local you've been warned.

And thanks again to everyone who's helped out with my Technic
hunting, one way
or another.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com