 Local / Australia / 3076
3075  |  3077
Subject:
MF, UCS X, Silver thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:53:54 GMT

Morning all,

I have my MF, effusive notes below.

Liverpool TRU no longer have any MFs, but they did have a UCS X and a silver
technic racing car.  The scanner was busted and the staff overloaded, so I
didn't get prices but their phone number is 9824 0711, and they're very
helpful on the phone (even put an MF aside for you if they've got one ;-)

On the MF itself - love it.  Sure it sucks like a 98 percent vacuum in a bunch
of ways, but out of the box its not so terrible (I have seen much worse
playsets) and, as I probably no longer need to say anymore, its about the
pieces.  Most all the key special peices you'll want for an adequate minifig
MF are there, and plenty of blocks to help build it.

If anyone has any queries about the set as part of their thinking about buying
one, email me :-)

On the value side, I remember that about four years ago I paid just under $200
for an RBR (which was less than RRP) from the very same TRU, which had about
the same number of pieces and about the same number of figs.  At $169, the MF
feels like considerably better value.  Provided you have a lazy $169,
obviously.

Richard
Still baldly going...