 Local / Australia / 307
Re: Will Australia get the Shell Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:15:09 GMT

Santosh wrote:

Do you reckon we'll see the Shell sets in Australia (or NZ?)

We got a few special ones last year, But I seriously want the red Forumla One
racer.

Is this a question to direct to Lego Australia or to Shell ? The impression
that I get is that if we ask LA, they'll reply "oh, Shell keep Lego now do
they?"

We have already had the Shell promotion here in New Zealand back in September
1998. The ten small sets were available for $2.95 each when purchasing petrol.

The two medium size sets were not available though (Belville Swing and Pitstop).

Shell brought in limited numbers of the Model Team race car set but these were
not available for sale to the public. They were used for PR purposes and offered
to 'good' customers of Shell I believe.

Grahame