 Local / Australia / 2928
RE: Lego DACTA in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:06:54 GMT

The reason for asking BradJ is that he's responsible for Lego Direct, and in
his words:

" LEGO Direct is a business unit of the LEGO Company. Among its
responsibilities is the management of direct commerce to consumers. These
commerce activities -- both on the Internet and through catalogs -- are (or
will be) conducted under the service mark of "LEGO Shop at Home;" this
includes the sale of bulk elements as well as standard retail product. (In
fact, all direct-to-consumer commerce globally, online and off, will be
conducted under the LEGO Shop At Home  tradename.)  Also among the
responsibilities of LEGO Direct are the development and management of
direct-to-consumer communities (especially the LEGO Club), both online and
off, and consumer relationship building activities, again all on a global
basis. These community/relationship activities will be conducted under the
tradename of LEGO Direct."

I take this to mean that LD is responsible for all sales to consumers [as
opposed to sales to trade]. As in Australia all DACTA orders have to be
completed on a special order form and sent to LA [Lego Australia], one can
assume this is a sale to consumers, and not a sale from a store. Another
reason to ask bradJ is that other than the specific area the customer
service people at LA work in, getting any info at all from LA is next to
impossible...And from what BradJ said, it seems like LD are in charge of
this area, so he was the logical person to refer the question to.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)