 Local / Australia / 2810
Re: In Sydney during the Olympics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 00:42:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, David Cook writes:
Lego fans :

My girlfriend and I will be heading up to Sydney (from Melb.)
for a week during the Olympics.  We'll be busy watching the
fencing a lot of that time, but lurking in my mind is the
possibility that somewhere in Sydney is someone selling all
the sets I want at ridiculously cheap prices.
One catch, though - we won't have a car, so only places
reachable by public transport and "reasonable" amounts of
walking will be considered (what's reasonable ?  Well, 5km
would be too much, especially if I have an arm-load of UCS
Star Wars sets ;->  ).

So, any ideas ?  Where is the Lego cheap in Sydney ?  Where
can I find the best range ?

(in the meantime, I still haven't seen an answer to the
basic question : "Where can I find the Millenium Falcon
and/or UCS SW sets in Melbourne ?".  Anyone ?  Surely
they're around somewhere ... )

Well, I didn't want to mention this for 2 reasons..one was the distance
involved o get it, and second was that the box had been opened, but there was
the Tie Interceptor at Toyworld in Bay city plaza, Geelong for $189. That's
all I've seen so far. [It was there last saturday]

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au

Thanks,

David.