 Local / Australia / 2793
Re: Model of the Month: Have a look at Jonathan's Beauty!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:37:29 GMT

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Hi, don't know if it had been mentioned or not, but have a llok at What
Jonathon has put together, pretty amazing if you ask me!!

If you Haven't seen it it's at

http://www.ldraw.org/motm/

the last model at the bottom of the page.

Good On'ya Jonathan!!

Jamie
<So how did you do all the fancy text in POV, was it ldrawed, or bitmaps
imported into the scene? Might get some of my first tries up on brickshelf
soon!>
If you mean the stickers then what I did was:
1.downloaded the stickers for the shell gas station promo sets from
brickshelf
2.cut the stickers from the sheet
3.reduced the colors as much as possible with paint shop pro. Also
edited the stickers a bit.
4.ran them through a bitmap 2 dat converter
5."attatched" them to .dat files of the necessary pieces and made them
look good there.
then 6.made the pov file from that.

by the way, the red vechicle behind the petrol tanker is accualy a UTE,
you know, that great aussie contribution to the motering world.

If anyone wants dat files of the petrol station, the ute or any of my
other models then please let me know and I can send them to you.