 Local / Australia / 279
RE: Soccer sets in Aus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:37:45 GMT

G'day,

The actual price of the soccer field is $115.95 [I know because I've seen
the retailers order list, and that's the RRP.

[I mentioned this in a couple of postings a month or so back : one about the
new sets this year, and the other about the discrepensies between catalogue
and retail order form]

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: James Howse [mailto:jehowse@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 10:33 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Soccer sets in Aus

In lugnet.loc.au, Karen Barlow writes:

Of course if the price isn't completely ridiculous on the • team bus you can
probably double each of those figures immediately ;-]

Team bus will be about $55. This estimate comes from the S@H
catalog, the
buses are listed at US$22, same price as Slave 1, the launch
command rocket
and the speedway challange.
No wonder they're considering not stocking soccer sets. The
field at a guess
will break the $150 mark, probably nearer two. And for all
those that think
I'll shop overseas, our exhange rate means you don't get much
bang for your
buck.

BTW Love the idea of the instore soccer challenge .... only • problem is would
the kids actually get near it ;-]

I agree it's a great idea, but do you glue it (bye bye $150)
or suffer peices
being knocked of (and possibly into pockets)?

James. (who's working on being less cynical)