 Local / Australia / 269
268  |  270
Subject:
12v Trains (was:Re: Toyworld 25% off lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
P.S. For any train heads, Horsham Toyworld has a few 12V train
accessories.... bugger of a time driving out there though :-(
FYI, I rang last weekish (on notice from Peter White) and they only had
curved track inserts, light packs, some points (remote and not) and a
transformer.

Yep, that's what I saw. Perhaps I should have been a little more specific.
Sounds like a few of us are pretty diligently hunting around, though... Out
of curiosity, what 12V train accessories would have been good to find?
Straight/curved track? Signals? I would have liked some signals, I don't
think I have any of those. Actually I don't clearly remember seeing them
anywhere ever. Did I imagine them? *scratches head*

I never saw them in shops but that's because the 12v stuff I have were
presents over a 4 year period. They must have been in Australia since I have
two sets.
My list of stuff to find runs
1. Straight track (with metal inner rail)
2. Another set of lights, since I have two motors hence I'd like 3 isolated
sections
3.Given both of the above I'd probably want at least anotherset of points to
complete a third passing loop.
4. A level crossing
5. Rolling stock of various sorts

At the last STUDS meet I got to see some 9v up close. Almost made me want to
change systems. Perhaps when they finally get remote points and things I'll
consider it again.

James (who's working on a saddle tank engine for a branch line.)