 Local / Australia / 251
Re: Star Wras Lego 50% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 01:53:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Karen Barlow writes:
I actually thought that the Target stores were all linked but after making a
dash down to another Target at Hoppers Crossing on Saturday afternoon (after
phoning and finding out that they had some X-wings still on the shelves) I was
amazed to find that NOT all of the sets there were scanning at the marked down
price. Sets I had purchased only two hours earlier at Airport West were NOT
marked down at Hoppers Crossing :-( With my recent purchases still in the boot
of my car I had my receipt with me and showed it to the toy manager who then
pulled out the catalog which said that it excluded Lego in the fine print
beneath the Star Wars special. This was contradicted by the fact that the X-
Wings were in fact scanning at half price at his store :-@ Couldn't convince
him to match the price ..... I was really dreaming on that one :-\ By this
time I was exasperated and decided to be happy (make that ecstatic) with my
purchases which now included a brand spanking new x-wing for under $44 :-) The
bad news is that the sale also ended on Saturday as Peter found :-(
Kaz :-)

If it scanned at that price,can't you purchase it at that price,I'm assuming
you wanted another X-wing. Ask James to relay his Big W story from Saturday,
it shows what can be done.

BTW on my way out of one of the numerous Target stores I stopped at I came
across a Toyworld store (Brimbank) that had 6037 (Witch's Windship ?) marked
down from $19.99 to $9.99 .... thought it was too good to pass up and my
daughter loved the Dragon so I snaffled one of them as well :-)...... all
these Lego bargains are getting too much for me ... I think I need to lie
down ;-]

The 6037 (Witch's Windship) is one set that I have seen which has the greatest
variation of price. I saw my first in Metrop. Sydney at a suburban GB's for
$ 25 + , then I have seen it elsewhere for half that. But the best I saw was
Toyworld Dubbo where you got a 6037 AND a lego approved carry container with
a small bits flip-top tray on top, all for $ 12 (It was a half price sale).
But the places that have 6037's tend to have oodles of them.

-pete.w