 Local / Australia / 2491
RE: Help wanted with old UK catalogue [long and contains most tex t/in fo from it.]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 03:44:15 GMT

Okay...You asked for it.

Here's the complete text from the 1969 catalogue :) [I'm guessing it's
another UK catalogue that could be collected at toyshops, but confirmation
would be nice.]

http://members.fortunecity.com/ben_whytcross/catalogues/1969/catalogue.html

PAGE 2

BASIC SETS

Because Basic Sets contain balanced proportions of a wide range of bricks
they are the ideal introduction to creative Lego play. All boxes show many
models built from the contents and children will discover many more for
themselves.

Sets:
011
022
033
044
055
066
070
088 Super set with motor [new for Autumn '69]

MOTOR SET & BATTERY BOX

A powerful, 4-wheel drive motor with 3 sets of wheels for endless mobile
models, plus a separate battery box for forward and reverse control.

Sets:
100 motor set
101 battery box

140 BRICKS 'N MOTOR SET

Designed to build a range of special motorised models. Complete with
building instructions.
New for Autumn '69

PAGE 3

TRAIN SETS

Battery powered and completely safe, Lego trains give all the enjoyment of
playing trains plus the fun of building them yourself from easy-to-follow
plans.

Sets:
120 [new] complete freight train set with tipping trucks
122 [new] loco and tender only
127 [new] complete train set
119 complete prairie train set with automatic signals, points, reversing
switch and level crossing.

118 ELECTRONIC TRAIN

An easy-to-use electronic attatchment sensitive to sound builds a locomotive
which starts and stops at a whistle. Rails not included.

PAGES 4 AND 5

PLANPACKS

Planpacks are designed to build special models and include easy-to-follow
building plans. Some include special features such as steering on the
lorries. An ideal way to add to your lego collection.

Sets: [left to right, top to bottom.]
326 little house
324 Bungalow and garage
344 holiday chalet [new for autumn]
345 modern house with car [new for autumn]
346 villa with car [new for autumn]
315 taxi
313 london bus
330 jeep
331 tipper truck
332 breakdown truck
333 transport lorry
335 8-wheeler articulated lorry
336 fire engine [new]
337 transporter and crane [new]
340 signal box [new]
342 station [new]
341 warehouse [new]
343 train ferry [new]

PAGE 6

TRAIN-PLAY ACCESSORIES

A train set is fun to build and play with, but the real enjoyment comes when
you can shunt wagons into sidings, change points, stop at signals, etc.
These accessories will add enormously to the pleasure you get from lego
train sets.

Sets:
123 passenger coach [new for autumn]
124 goods wagon [new for autumn]
125 tipping truck [new for autumn]
150 8 pairs straight rails
151 curved rails [half circle of track]
154 two sets of railway points
155 two sets of railway crossings with 8 straight rails
160 3 pairs of magnetic couplings [new]
156 signals with automatic stop/go attatchment

PAGE 7

SUPPLEMENTARY PACKS

Little packs at pocket-money prices. The easiest way of building up your
lego collection.

Sets: [left to right, top to bottom.]
400 4 wheels, 2 axle bricks, towbar and baseplate
401 2 large wheels, 2 axle bricks, 1 towbar
402 3 turntables, 2 baseplates [4x8]
403 3 pairs of train couplings + 4 carriage wheels with two bearing bricks.
404 4 small + 2 large special drive wheels for the lego motor set no 100
only.
409 38 slimbricks assorted sizes
414 9 windows and a door
416 4 sixteens, 2 twenties
417 5 cornerbricks
418 13 eights
419 15 sixes
420 20 fours
421 2 eights, 2 sixes, 10 twos, 10 ones
423 12 round, 16 curved
426 7 named beams
427 8 pieces 2x8
428 5 pieces 4x8
429 4 pieces 6x8
430 6 trees and bushes
431 SHELL petrol pump and sign
432 8 road signs
433 6 street lamps
434 50 lettered bricks
437 50 numbered bricks
442A and 442B 6 international falgs
445 1 lighting brick
480 14 bevelled bricks

PAGE 8/BACK COVER

Sets: [from page 7]
481 21 bevelled bricks
482 22 bevelled bricks
483 angle, valley and corner bricks
494 fences and gate
906 [new] opening doors and hinges
995 [new] lighting kit with colour filters
[no set number] spare leads for motor
700/E baseplate 10x20 studs
759 baseplate 50x50 studs
435 garage base with automatic door
[no set number] 80-page ideas book

DUPLO SETS
FOR THE VERY YOUNG
Special large Duplo bricks with a few standard sized Lego bricks added to
lead toddlers naturally and easily into many years of creative lego play.
[new]

Sets:
510 small set
511 standard set
[no set number] Bag of bricks

[fine print at base of page: ]
British Lego Ltd. Wrexham, N. Wales.
Printed by Thomas Forman & Sons Ltd., Nottingham, England

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)