 Local / Australia / 244
Re: Lego 2000 Football Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi Everyone,

Ready for some bad news, Lego tells me that their sales manager who was
recently elevated to general manager has decided not import all the
football sets into Australia. The only one that will be released will be
the ??09 set Championship Challenge. The rest, including the team bus
sets with all those nice train windows aren't coming.

How will the teams get to the ground without buses?
We know the trains are rarely seen.

Ready for some more bad news, it seems that it may not be economical to
bring the full range of football sets to Australia with our small 18
million population but definitely worth the risk to offer them to guess
who...........yes, our friends across the Tasman.

I think it's a Kiwi plot to sabotage our next world cup campaign,
that's if we don't sabotage it ourselves first.

But Jonathan Wilson, what are the 'facts' ?

-pete.w