 Local / Australia / 2205
RE: Some older Time cruiser and technic sets spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 05:25:31 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Baulch [mailto:paul@vic.bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 7:53 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Some older Time cruiser and technic sets spotted

Whytcross, Benjamin wrote in message
<1D0812CAE3E7D2118BCD00805FA76DEB022A512C@gw-exg-ne01.pacifica
ccess.com.au>.
..
I've recently come across the following unopened sets in a • toy shop. The
boxes have a varying degree of shelfwear, but I believe the • seals are still
intact.

The sets are:
6493 time cruisers boat $87.42 [2 copies]
8456 Fibreoptic set $100.58
8855 $95.20
8277 $76.18
8286 $126.07
8280 $77.29

Let me know if you're interested in any of these,

Erm, actually I would prefer it if people left the 8855 alone
;-) This store
is just down the street from where I live and I've been
waiting ages for
them to have a 20% off sale.

Oh, and nobody should buy a 6493 for $87, it can be found in
various places
around Melbourne for $60. This particular store has pretty
poor Lego prices
in general. The 6982's are being sold for $70 instead of $60!

Well, I got one of the soccer busses there for $17.50, which is by far the
best price I've seen them for so far. [Actually, all the soccer sets there
had good prices.] I will agree though that most of the other sets were
overpriced.

On the other
hand, they _are_ open till 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays,
which leaves most
other small toy stores for dead. They used to have the best
Lego selection
in Melbourne too.... *sigh*

Well, I don't know about their hours, being from the other side of town, but
I know that the shop is a reasonably good one [except for prices.]

Actually...If LA are subsidising the soccer sets, then they must have been
making a very large profit over the years on other sets to be able to do
this. If they aren't subsidising, then all the sets are extremely
over-priced here...Either way we're being over-charged.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)