 Local / Australia / 1948
RE: negotiating with winners on Ebay, has anyone tried?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:20:28 GMT

What were the parts? I've got a reasonable collection of spares, and may
have at least one of the parts...

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Obrien [mailto:jamien@interworx.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 9:17 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: negotiating with winners on Ebay, has anyone tried?

Hiya. i was thinking more along the lines of buying only 1 or
2 pieces out of a
parts pack. There have been 3 eBay Lots in the last few weeks
that i REALLLY
wanted 7 pieces altogether (Classic Space), but wan't going
to pay the $140 -
160$ aus for those pieces. I've also sworn off eBay for a
while, Seems i
actually need to buy a text book this semester, and i ain't
gonna start selling
Lego to get it.

CheeriO
JamieO
<God i'm in a wicked mood right now!!!!! Hahahahahahahaaaaa>

In lugnet.org.au, James Ng writes:
Hey Jamie,
I negotiated once with a person, I swapped the PHANTOM • MENACE before I came
out (got it at sanity) and I got in trade 1x TIE-Fighter and • Y-wing and 1x
Gungan Sub for the trade. It was great, so I guess it was a • massiv sucess in
stead of paying $123USD for them....

Later,
James

In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, i'm after alot of wierd and wonderful parts, that actuallya are
coming up often enough that it might be worth my while, but am not
going to pay $30 to $50 US for say 5 to 10 parts. Has anybody ever
tried negotiating with the winners of parts auctions like these for
specific parts, and if so what kind of success did you have. I've
sworn off eBay for a while, but still wouldn't mind doing some mini
buying to finish some sets and projects off.

Cheers
Jamie