 Local / Australia / 1890
1889  |  1891
Subject:
TRU clearance heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 05:20:59 GMT

Just dropped by the Melbourne city store of Toys'R'Us and noticed two
interesting Technic discounts.

8448 Supercar II - $159

A great price for a great set! While I was standing staring at them people
were coming up and commenting favourably. A couple of men in their mid-20's
even took one. Seeing that felt really good - AFOLs truly are everywhere and
sets like that will only bring them in. Mind you, I couldn't say I felt like
buying a second one - is there something useful I could do with the parts
from two 8448's?

8210 Nitro Bike GTX - $11

The 8210's have that peculiar sticker-with-Asian-writing on the side, looks
like Korean to me but I could be mistaken. Not a bad set for $11, includes
two kinds of wheel, three red inverse slopes and two small shock absorbers.

I posted this to .loc.au and .org.au, but I've forgotten which one was
generally preferred for this kind of post. Could someone please refresh my
memory? TIA.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164