 Local / Australia / 1858
RE: Review of 7131 Anakin's Podracer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 05:36:03 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:aztekium@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2000 3:32 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Review of 7131 Anakin's Podracer

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Review of 7131 Anakin's Podracer.

Executive summary: Yuk! Save your money for something else.

Take a look:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7131

What can I say? It's a collection of very random parts in • very assorted
colours. I can hardly believe that I bought such a lurid thing!

Actually, I bought this set for a number of reasons:

1. I truly believed (at the time) that the 6 yellow banana • peels were a
must-have.
2. The price was reduced because it had a squashed box.
3. I was having a buying frenzy and it was just one small • piece of a larger
insanity.

OK, so I bought it, I built it, and then I wondered why I'd • bothered. Why
did I want those banana peels so badly? Reminders welcome!

Kerry, now older, wiser, and poorer for the experience

You could have bought the 7171 (which included the 7131)
Still on clearance at K-mart for $89,
the other two racers are bigger and better.

The 'banana peels' do look useful, I'm still not sure for what yet.

You could possibly use them as ramps, or as some form of 'armor' for a
mechanized/tracked vehicle...

Or how about a diorama called 'the end of Bananas in Pyjamas' :)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)