 Local / Australia / 1844
1843  |  1845
Subject:
Pete's off to Blighty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:32:33 GMT

Hi All,

Well it's less than 24 hours to go, the LEGO's hermetically sealed and locked
away, the bags are nearly packed, the passports have been falsified and the
Queen has been put on notice. Pete's leaving the country!

Thanks to all of you for putting up with me at the LegOz meetings, and for
being such a top bunch of blokes (and lets not forget the gals, although I'm
using blokes in the generic sense). And thanks for the Studly Sendoff and 21
spring loaded pirate cannon salute (make sure none of the bits find their way
into the engines on the aircraft though). The piping on the docks was very
moving too, Richard.

I will be watching with great interest and contributing to these groups from
the motherland, however I fear I shall not see your smiling faces for at least
two years, by which time I expect LegOz to be the most powerful organisation
with families.... no wait.... nah bugger it, go for it guys!

My e-mail addresses will remain the same, and I'll be keeping the website up-
to-date (once we get a <<expletive indicating frustration at the current
exchange rate deleted>> computer over there) with pics of all things LEGO.
LEGOland Windsor is high on the list of places to visit once we get there. I'm
sure Kris will understand once I tell her ;-)

So I guess this is farewell on a temporary (but still bloody long) basis. Stay
cool everyone, and I'll see you on the other side <<sniff>>.

Pete Callaway