 Local / Australia / 1760
Re: Disturbing News on the Lego front (in Bundy anyway!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:56:40 GMT

Thought they usually wanted more than 10% of everything?  ;-)

Although, I must admit that their prices on cement boots was unbeatable.
;-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Peter White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Ahhh...It's not the GST's fault...It's target putting up the price so • that
when the GST kicks in and they drop the prices, then it looks like • they're
not profiteering. Unfortunately, putting the price up like that is just
their way of increasing income while 'dropping' prices. I'd suggest • ACCC'ing
them, as this appears to be profiteering by stealth. [At the very least,
this should wake them up to the fact that people do look at their
pricing...And it may result in LA's pricing to them being uncovered.]

But let's blame the GST, the wart of a PM who thought the whole thing up,
and the greedy high-income voters who voted for it.
I have heard it quoted that in four years, tax bracket creep plus • inflation,
will have eaten any tax-cut benefits in the short term.
That's if higher interest rates haven't gouged it already.
Apparently if your fined by a local council, guess what, you pay GST on • the
infringement notice ! (so trim that lawn, chain that dog and get that • cubby
house approved).
If Lego prices do come down, expect me first in line for lip-smacking
PM Wart's Sunday school approved footwear.

pete.w (who thought getting 10% of everything was the Mafia's modus • operandi)

From: Jamie Obrien [mailto:jamien@interworx.com.au]
It/s back on the shelves, at slighly higher prices, though i'm not
told it's the GST's fault, i think Target are just going back to their
old ways of Highest Price in Town!