 Local / Australia / 173
RE: Lego Australia Phone conversation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 05:33:51 GMT

Or cheaper, why don't we put together a list of the sets everyone wants, and
get someone over in the US get them for us
[everyone sends the money to one person in Australia, who forwards the order
to someone in the US. This person gets the sets for us, and sends them all
to one address over here, where they are distributed from...And that way,
maybe we'll be able to get the sets at a good price, instead of the Aus
price, and save on postage. ]

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Benjamin Whytcross

BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: +61 3 983 50518
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
268 Canterbury Road,
Surrey Hills,
Vic 3127

Hey,

Ok well i just had a quick call to Lego from home, asking
about the Stock of
Train items, apparently there isn't much. They got a load in
for christmas but
don't actually keep any Train items in stock at all. The
stores apparently
don't keep them on shelves so Lego Aus only orders them in as
necessary.

They do have a few of the Train wash, cargo loaders and the
snow shredder (the
latest sets) left over though.

BUT..here's the biggy.

Items in the catalogue (apparently its a global catalogue
this year) aren't all
neccesarily available here.
For example.

The soccer sets.
Only the field set is available here, the rest is NOT
available. Although NZ
will be receiving some of these sets.

Weird huh.

Now what say we organise a yearly trip to America just to
purely purchase lego?
A few people and lots and lots of suitcases ;)

Cheers