 Local / Australia / 1704
RE: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:56:55 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Santosh [mailto:santosh@student.unsw.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:43 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Good on you Santosh,
All those non-financial posters and lurkers tee up some • membership fees with
Santosh.

Thanks for volunteering Santosh!  I'll definitely be joining but I'll
do my money order separately, it'll cost me ~$5 for a local • MO or bank
cheque for Santosh so I may as well go straight for the US • one myself.
I haven't decided how much I'll donate but I think Lugnet is • definitely
more valuable than US$10.  Everyone else who hasn't already, strongly
consider joining up with Santosh, Todd does an excellent job • (how does
he eat?).

I'm not writing this to stop you going on your own, but the
answers to the
following may be helpful for the future.

Is there a way you could transfer the money to me without
making out a money
order yourself (thats one of the benefits of keeping things
within Aus).
options include: cash in the post, direct transfer into bank
accounts, what
else can be used?

I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but when dealing in Autralia, I
prefer to either deposit payment, or have the payment deposited in one of my
bank accounts. The major benefit of this is that it allows the person
getting paid to receive the money almost instantly, so there's no delays
before the seller can get the item posted. It also allows for people to get
something that may only be on sale for a short time from someon who has
already spent their lego budget for the month/whatever [this is becoming a
regular occurence...looks like the budget needs an increase]. Other benefits
are that you're not giving extra money to Aus post when you don't need to,
and you don't have to pay bank fees on a cheque.

The idea of getting just the one money order in US dollars,
was to reduce the
number of money orders we need to make (right?). If you got
your money to me
in a way where you didn't need to convert/reconvert it it'd
make it easier for
you.

But like i said don't let me stop you going solo.

Do you reckon I should setup a seperate account just for Lego
and LegOz???
(pie in the sky idea).

For the moment, I'd say no, as the fees would be rather high unless we had a
minimum $500 or so in it. However, if after we organise the group [1] we
decide that an operating fund may be useful/needed then it could be worth
seriously considering.

[1] see seperate post: subject: "Organising LegOz/org.au (was RE: Formal
Lugnet memberships from A us...)"

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)