 Local / Australia / 1574
RE: SOCCER sets update.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:43:00 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Baulch [mailto:paul@vic.bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 11:50 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: SOCCER sets update.

Peter White wrote in message ...

As to availability, I saw 3409 at Target Penrith for $54.95.

Does anybody actually know why so many stores sell this set
for double the
price (or the other ones half)? What is the "official" RRP?

Official RRP at the start of the year was $119.95 [$115.95? I don't have the
list here] Since then Someone posted a message about LA getting in the rest
of the sets and 'Subsidising' the range. The expected new price was $60, and
it's good to see that they are selling for less than that.

$55 is a rockin' price for such a big Lego set. Stuff Star
Wars, I agree
with Santosh, the soccer sets are the best thing to happen to
Lego in Oz
since, well, ever.

They had just this set.
Toyworld Camden also had most of the soccer sets today also.

Sounds like the Camden Toyworld rules! have you ever asked
them why their
prices are so much lower than their competitors?

I'd guess it's a good sales rep...pity they're not all like that.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)