 Local / Australia / 153
RE: 2000 SW sets at Target - 25% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I checked Target at Camberwell today, and they were just • putting them on the
shelf. They said they had been out the back of the store, • but they hadn't
got around to putting them on the shop floor. Still no • technic droids,
though, although they also had some of the new slizers.[The • new ones don't
have the carry case like the old ones did either.

The Toyland next door to Target had 7115 and 7134 for $39.90
and 7124 for
$29.90. They're dreaming!

You think that's bad...Toy kingdom at Gladstone park had the small
rock-raider set (4910) at $14.95. When I queried the price, • I was told that
it was the correct price, and it cost so much because of the
brand-name...even though on LEGO's order form (I'm still • trying to get this
years) it had an RRP of $5.50.

WOW! That's waaaaaaaaay out. The US MSRP is $2.99, so
casually multiply that
by about 2 for the AUD price. $14.95 is absurd. They'll NEVER
move it at that
price. You should buy one at "normal" price, take it into
them and shove it
plus the receipt in their face!

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but at target • (at least in
Vic), the new town digger (6474) is $45.95, whereas • everywhere else it is
$19.95 or less.

This just gets worse! That's nearly $1.00 per piece! US MSRP
is $7.00. Time to
bring the Prices Surveilance Authority in on this one. What
was Richard saying
about guns and revolutions? Lock and load!!!

Pete Callaway

I did argue about the 4910, and finally they decided to check with airport
west toy kingdom, but as the shop is closing at the end of the month,
there's not much chance of it changing. However, I believe they have sold at
least 1 at that price [And it wasn't to me!]

As to the target price, the sale assistant I talked to today, said that it
was probably a data-entry error somewhere, and said he'd check it. When I
first pointed it out a few weeks ago (and today), their first reaction is to
check if the shelf price is right by scanning it...And they use the same
data to print shelf prices, and to show the price on the scanners. However,
there is now a slight chance they may fix it.

[I rarely shop at target for lego anyway, as it is cheaper at BigW...And
will be cheaper still in July :-) ]

Benjamin Whytcross

BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au