 Local / Australia / 14565
Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jean-Pierre Manalo wrote:
   G’day all,

The Sydney LEGO Train Club (SLTC) has recently presented it’s third layout at the 46th Annual Australian Model Railway Association (AMRA) Exhibition.

   Our 2008 layout was approximately 7.5m x 3.5m in size,
and featured an airport, shipping port, town and
two separate bridges that were each over three metres long.

The SLTC layout won first place in the “Lamour Family Wombat Award for the Children’s Most Popular Exhibit” category - the third-year in a row that we have won this award. This year, we had close competition from a G-scale layout, “Traintasia”.

Once moderated, images that I had taken of the layout during the show will be available from my Brickshelf folder:

For those on Facebook, you should be able to see these images from my Facebook Photo Gallery (you may need to add me as a Friend in Facebook):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=54693&id=668622092

Any comments are much appreciated. Hope you’re all well!

Cheers,
J.P. Manalo

Great work SLTC! An impressive layout and congratulations on your win.

That blue tower is a work of art. Hope you all had fun.

Cheers,

Braith.