 Local / Australia / 14551
14550  |  14552
Subject:
Brisbane libraries interested in having Lego displays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:56:30 GMT

At the Indooroopilly library recently there's been a small Lego display,
which seemed to be a strange mix of 1960s Lego (hey, I was there, so I
remember what those parts looked like) and a few recemt sets. Anyhow,
thinking that maybe there was an AFOL waiting to be discovered, I asked who
had provided the Lego. The answer was that it was from a few staff members,
because it was school holidays and they wanted something on display that
might appeal to kids.

Anyhow, the upshot of the conversation is that they would welcome more Lego
displays in the library. Although they only were using one large display
cabinet and one small one, the librarian (Liz) assured me they had plenty
more display cabinets so could accommodate far larger displays than the
current one.

Although Liz is at Indooroopilly library, she claimed that most Brisbane
libraries would be interested in getting Lego for displays, especially if
they could schedule it for school holidays. Apparently they run a display
for a month at a time. I can't speak for arrangements at other libraries,
but at Indooroopilly the display cabinets are very centrally located and I
can't imagine anyone could try to open up the cabinets without being
observed by the staff whose desk is nearby, so I think any Lego would be
quite safe there.

So, if anyone would be interested in doing a Lego display individually or
collectively, phone the Indooroopilly library  3407 0009 and ask for Liz. Or
contact a Brisbane library near you.

As many of you would know, Peter Parsons did many Lego displays at Redbank
library, my guess is that Redbank libary (part of Ipswich City Council)
would welcome someone to do Lego displays now that Peter has passed away.

Kerry