 Local / Australia / 14429
14428  |  14430
Subject:
Train Pictures at Ipswich Museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 14:26:34 GMT

Hi just thought I would try and post some pics of the layouts that where produced for Queensland Museum at North Ipswich.

I produced the tables and track layout with the power source inside, the museum staff did the stand and the Perspex covering and had an electrician wire it.

The button is spring loaded with various settings for “run time” they are currently set for about 4 minutes. I had to set the speed controllers up inside on commissioning to get the train to start at a good speed and not break the magnetic hook up ( they called me up because they could not get it to run correctly). They had it set trying to go too fast and it left the load behind every time, we actually drive the trains on our layouts but in this case it could not be done like that . So I had to find an optimal speed that the trains would run on and not pull apart. They have been running constantly since 2005 every day. They also have 3 spare motors that I believe will never come out of their boxes.

Now lets hope the pictures come out , they may not be moderated yet so if not try again until they are.

There is 2 by 2800 class with 8 coal Wagons in a loop track. There is a old A-10 and 2 by carriages in a figure 8 track. (credit here to Gary Q for design and build of the A-10) Static (with future power hook up) of an EMU Repair section with 3 car EMU 40 being tested after overhaul.

Enjoy Peter Parsons