 Local / Australia / 1436
Re: Australian LD update !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I was just talking with Warren Mccoy, who said that when he was talking to
customer service at LA that there is a 'rumor' there that they will be going
into on-line sales. Another point of interest was that when he asked if it
would affect sales, he was told that 'They had no choice'. Maybe this also
applies to the range that LA brings in to Australia...They have no choice.
I'm posting this info today, as Warren is currently unable to go on-line to
post the info, and I thought people may be interested in it.Hopefully he'll
be back on-line tomorrow to clear up any confusion I've caused [I'm getting
good at that :) ], along with giving us the name of the Customer Service
lady he was speaking to.

The Customer Service Lady at LA is Barbara Bell, a wonderfully helpful person
when you actually can reach her and not the machine.

It will be interesting to watch LA make the conceptual shift from
importer/wholesaler to retailer, and what this will mean for store ordering
policies, prices and release dates.

In terms of range it's getting better, the only things we do't see here are
scala (I think that's even euro only) and znap. And some of the trains stuff.
(feel free to correct me on this point though!).

Perhaps it's related to the lego website catalog and the infamous "it is not
possible to order online at this time" message. Finally they're getting around
to fixing that and LA will be stuck with filling the Australian orders.

James (who will go and visit LA and get the second semester catalog soon)