 Local / Australia / 14287
Re: How did the EWB wind turbine event go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:38:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
   I didn’t hear any followup of the EWB wind turbine event?

How long did it take the public to build them? Did the public even come? Etc etc.

Oops sorry for not posting. I attended both Melbourne events, you can read about it here, including some pics. I will post more info when it becomes available. Word from the organisers on the day was they were very happy with the turnout.

For those interested, I provided the initial design for the tower and blades, the hub was designed by EWB and contained 2 geared Technic motors turning 5x faster than the hub, which were used both to drive the blades, and to generate power to light a small LED EWB sign.

ROSCO