 Local / Australia / 14166
Re: Cafe Corner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:52:55 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Just when I thought Lego was going for nothing but  juniorised quick builds,

This was probably just a flippant use of hyperbole on your part, but just in
case somebody gets the wrong impression from such a comment I feel compelled to
point out that for at least four years (going by the introduction of Designer
and Creator sets) that Lego has in fact endeavoured to make available some
beautiful and structurally sophisticated kits that are anything BUT "juniorised
quick builds".

Personally, I also think it might be beneficial to be a bit less
whingey-sounding about one of the few remaining companies in the world which
hasn't discarded the notion that it can make products for niche consumers
outside the "lowest common denominator" demographic. But, you know, if it helps
you get by, then be as whingey as you want :-)