 Local / Australia / 14161
Re: Congrats Ross and Richie (5th cycle LEGO Ambassadors)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:57:14 GMT

Congrats to both Ross and Richie!

I am pleased to see Lego's continued commitment to recycling :-)

<rant on>

I'm afraid I never understand why Lego uses the term "cycle" in connection
with ambassadors. Why not "term" or a whole lot of other words that don't
have nuances like:

"going around in circles", "recycling", "riding on bicycles" etc

Indeed, why not appoint them annually and call them 2007 ambassadors? Or are
Lego planning on issuing us all with little ready-reckoners so we can figure
out the reign of the 34th cycle ambassadors. I can see LUGnet in 2030 when
all of us sit around and argue about when the 34th cycle actually took
place.

We went through this insanity in international research conferences a few
years back, when people finally figured out that calling their event the
37th Annual Conference on Little Plastic Bricks was a whole lot more
confusing than calling it Little Plastic Bricks 1998.

<rant off>

Congrats to Richie and Ross, or Ross and Richie! Ambassadors commute!

Kerry