 Local / Australia / 1388
Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 05:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Callaway [mailto:pcallaway@bmcl.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 2:17 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I take it from this posting you've never seen the lego • cars...Have a look on
brickshelf at the 1965 UK catalogue. It shows some of the • cars lego produced
[I forget what webpages have acuall photos and a list of • them] as well as
set 310 petrol station, which uses clear macaroni bricks.

Thanks Ben,

The image of 310 isn't terribly clear, but even if they are
clear macaroni's
they'd still be rare as.

Yep, they're clear...unfortunately, I don't have any :(

As for the cars, OMG! I need to get my hands on them! They
look excellent! I
thought LEGO only made wooden stuff before the factory burnt
down, then
concentrated on plastic. Those cars look die-cast, although I could be
mistaken.

Yep...They're the same plastic as the bricks...Pity they don't still make
them.

Now, where to look for 1965 LEGO die-cast cars, and how much
is it gonna cost
me....

Try: [from a posting by Gary Istok, I believe]
Old LEGO cars (wow, what a collection) from some Swedish collector, whose
name I do
not know.  Click on "LEGOBILAR", and you can view about 100 different cars &
trucks.  Also there are a lot of old trees, bushes, LEGO cyclists and the
rare
policemen set.

http://www.torget.se/users/h/humlan23/

Another great website of old LEGO cars, trucks and other old items is by
Gerry
Cohen.  His collection includes some of the rare boxes that the cars and
trucks
originally came in.  Gerald's website also contains an example of the rare
(and
unique to Britain and their commonwealth countries that carried LEGO) ESSO
sign and
pumps (be sure to click on ACCESSORIES).  They are shown with the more
common ESSO
examples used in USA/Canada and continental Europe.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9414/

Way cool! I might contact these guys and see if they know where I can get my
hands on some of these.

Pete Callaway (who is dreading dividing his LEGO budget between bricks and
cars, but they're just too cool to pass up!)