 Local / Australia / 13640
Re: Can someone please confirm this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:45:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
I've just noticed that the SAH site for Australia seems to have suddenly
resurrected some popular items which just went out of production, like the
8455 Backhoe.  Can anyone else confirm these and other rereleased sets??
They would indeed make good stocking stuffers, if they are for real, and are
not a figment of my imagination.

The other one that seemed to stick out was the 10151 Hot Rod, although
having not been to SAH for quite some time, I'm not too familiar with the
items that were retired from production and/or resurrected for what I
presume is either Xmas production or part overruns (leading to extra sets)
for the sets mentioned.

Hi Geoffrey, I'm not sure they were ever out of production, they may have just
sold out of the previous production run. The hot rod has been available for the
past few months at Toys R Us for $42, but I noticed it's gone back up to $70 in
the last couple of weeks.

Good sign for the backhoe, maybe it'll be available again at retail discount
soon.

ROSCO