 Local / Australia / 13394
13393  |  13395
Subject:
TRU sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:23:51 GMT

There are some discounts going at TRU on certain Lego sets, mostly on Duplo
and 4+ Pirates and some Racers.

I scored a 3325 Duplo Deluxe Intelli-Train Set for $100, reduced from about
$230 from memory. It was nice timing as I had been hoping to get one cheap
for the past year or so, with a view to giving it to my nephew for his 3rd
birthday. However, until now, I had never seen those Intelli-trains sold at
anything except full price.

The train sets weren't on the shelf at TRU Mt Gravatt so my guess is they
went quickly (I had phoned and had one set aside for me). But there seemed
to be plenty of those 7075 Redbeard's pirate ship for $50 (but they've been
discounted to that price elsewhere for some time now) and also the 7074
Skull Island set.

Incidently, I bought one of those $50 Redbeard's pirate ships for a 6 year
old girl and she absolutely loved it. Although I shuddered at the sight of
some of the SPUDs in the set, it is a relatively quick build for the younger
kids and the end result is quite impressive to look at. Certainly her older
sister (8 year old) was openly envious and thought the ship better than the
rather more expensive 8781 Castle of Morcia that I bought for her (sigh!).
The Redbeard's set has those Technic Competition "cannons" not the normal
pirate cannon. I have no idea if the Technics cannons are any safer (or less
safe) than regular pirate cannons for this younger age group, but certainly
the cannon was a big hit with the girls. I think their parents might have
been less impressed with the cannon :-)

Kerry