 Local / Australia / 13303
13302  |  13304
Subject:
Advice wanted on selling Lego collection in Australia...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 19:11:25 GMT

Hi all,

I've been thinking about selling my Lego collection, but before I
start the ball rolling I thought I'd ask for advice from the good
people reading this group.

The collection has a fair bit of technic pieces from the Mindstorms
RIS and Mindstorms add-on kits as well as from the 8456 Silver
Champion.  In addition there's one of the 9V train sets with lots
of extra rails and a collection of non-technic basic blocks.

I'm guessing things would be easier if I split the sale into
three with the technic/mindstorms parts as one sale, the train
another sale and the basic blocks as a third?

Is Ebay the best venue for this kind of sale with Australia?  I'm
also guessing that high shipping prices make selling to overseas
buyers uneconomical to them?

For all the sales I think I'd need to show an itemized list of
parts by part number as well as photos of the collections as a
whole and zoomed into parts of it?

Any advice much appreciated and any tips on selling a Lego
collection within Australia also gratefully received.

Stu