 Local / Australia / 1198
Re: 8462 Tow Truck - a review of a very sweet set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:26:45 GMT

"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message

*SnipS* an interesting review.

1. If you like the 8462, you'll LOVE the 8868.
  a. It has more degrees of movement
  b. It has a proper drivetrain and engine
  c. Motorised pneumatic pump

2. Great things I love about the 8462
  a. The pneumatic air-pressure storage tanks.
  b. Six of those cool mag wheels

3. Things I dislike;
  a. No drivetrain
  b. Almost no technic vehicles will fit decently in the towing-section.
  c. Manually-operated turntable.
  d. Average looks. (Not bad, but compared with what they have done with
other sets...)

That's about it. the 8462 was one of my least favourite technic sets, and
pales in comparison to the outstanding 8868. Go get one. Now.

David Drew.