 Local / Australia / 11876
Re: Report: Sandgate Model Train & Hobby Show (Brisbane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:27:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Aaron Coghill wrote:
Hello all,
Saturday and Sunday saw the BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group), at the Sandgate
Model Train and Hobby Show. Gary, Ken, and Aaron went allong on Friday night to
setup the track and tables.

On Saturday the day was busyr than expected, but we still had some fun. Peter,
Gary Ken, Michael and Aaron manned the shop for the day. Gary's traverse wa
inspirational, controlled by a RCX it was able to move back and forth, through
the engine store.
After lunch Gary pulled out the RCX brick and played around with it. He was able
to use the RCX brick to control the train and get it to move backwards and
forwards.

On Sunday the RCX was pressed into full service. By the end of the day we had 5
RCX's running, the three tracks, a ferris wheel and the traverse. It was fun to
see the RCX's in action and in an environment that i could relate to. Robots
Yuck!, trains, woohoo!.

Pics: to follow this week.

To Aaron, Can't wait to see some pictures !
Thanks, Teunis.