 Local / Australia / 11310
Re: Lego announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Gary Quinlan wrote:
   On Lego announcements I read the following, Good until you get to the last line, but I suppose it’s a start (Maybe Lego Aust could venture out do some supporting of local groups, would be a change)

All the best Gary Town BUG

I made a cynical comment on this in .lego.direct (what? me? cynical?) which led to a very promising response from Jake. You can read the full response here, and I’ve reproduced some highlights below.

I think it will be up to either the MUGs or the BUGs to follow this up - those groups are larger and more active than we poor Sydney siders.

It is very promising news, though.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique

   Misérable
Building a safer South Pacifique

From Jake McKee:

I’m very interested to hear from the Australians (or anyone else around the world for that matter), and I’m always open to talk about what I/we can do to help you out.

I would love to talk to you about this if you have ideas, or need support. We aren’t ignoring you or anything like that.

As I’ve said many times, my inbox is always open. Drop me a line (jake AT lego DOT com). Tell me what you need. Share with me what you’re doing. I’m here to help. I only have so much time in a day, so help me out and tell me your out there. Tell me what you need. Tell me how I can help.

Looking forward to hearing from you Richie, et. al.!