 Local / Australia / 11160
11159  |  11161
Subject:
BUGS meeting - Sunday 3 August - Chapel Hill, Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:15:14 GMT

Well, in the absence of anyone objecting to this idea, ... let it herewith
henceforth and hitherto be declared that there will be a BUGS meeting on
Sunday 3 August at my home in Chapel Hill, commencing 10am.

As host, I claim the privilege of unilaterally declaring that the theme
shall be "Ekka". Given the range of stuff at the Ekka, I figure that gives
scope to just about every theme, from arriving by train, to the spaceship
ride at side show alley, over the Technics chairlift to check out the cake
decorating, etc. I wanna see giant Dagwood dogs and micro-scale sideshow
alleys. I wanna see Qld Rail run the Silver Spike competition and minifigs
eating fairy floss. I wanna see precision drivers and fireworks (hmm, now
there's a challenge).

And what's more, there will be prizes!!! Woo hoo!!! Yes, indeedy, Michael
Golaszewski at OzBricks (www.ozbricks.com) has very kindly offered to donate
some prizes to the champion builders of Brisbane. So, we can reward your
brought-along creativity and maybe we might have some kind of
build-on-the-spot competition (liked the timed building competition down in
Sydney). Watch this space for details ...

Please RSVP me if you are coming, either by this list or private email.
There are two good reasons for doing this. Firstly, it means I will have
enough food for lunch, and secondly it means I will tell you my address,
which I prefer not to post to a public list.

For those of you who are lurking or recently joined this forum, please come
along if you are in the Brisbane vicinity ... BUGS is a completely informal
gathering of Lego-minded people ... there is no such thing as "an official
BUGS member". Feel free to come with or without Lego. Feel free to bring
anything Lego-ish along even if it isn't to do with Ekka -- the theme is
intended to be inspirational/motivational rather than
prescriptive/restrictive. If you need help with transport, please post a
message or email me, and we'll see if there is anyone coming your way.

Questions, etc. Please post or email me.

Kerry