 Local / Australia / 11102
11101  |  11103
Subject:
In today's Melbourne Age (June 16)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:12:06 GMT

LEGO builders master Yoda in 100,000 pieces

Greg Monahan spends up to 20 hours a week building with LEGO, but it’s not just that the Melbourne University student enjoys playing with toys. Mr Monahan, 21, is part of a LEGO team that visits shopping centres to build models of popular characters. Yesterday at Eastland shopping centre it was Yoda the Star Wars Jedi master, a model that requires about 100,000 pieces.”

(Article reproduced without permission)

There’s a picture of him holding the prototype next to the partially completed sculpture, which looks to be about 5x the size, each 2x4 brick translated to a block 10x20x5 bricks high. I couldn’t find the article on The Age’s website, and don’t currently have access to a scanner. It’s on page 6 if you’re interested.

ROSCO