 Local / Australia / 10861
Re: Target Sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:40:21 GMT

I haven't seen a catalog, but I've just been there... lots of LEGO at 25% • off!

Quality Quidditch supplies (I bought two... Port Brique is going to gain a
broom factory!) and Knockturn Alley are included, the smallest Orient
Adventures set is included, but the one with the boat isn't...

I have to say that the Quality Quiddich Supplies and Knockturn Alley are a
quality bunch of parts and colours, lots of sand colours and the new dark
blue. I bought one each the other day at the Myer 20% sale. I think of the
two my pick is the cheaper Quality Quiddich Supplies (for both parts and
model), but the Knockturn Alley does have a very nice bay window. I am also
hoping to get some more of them when the price is right. Also I want more
Scorpion Palaces, nice parts but not a cheap set.

I have also seen the Golden Land (the new Belville-goes-Orient sub-theme)
sets arrive in Myer. The pick of the three is the medium-sized one,
Saffron's Amazing Bazaar. I think I will stock up on a few of these for
birthday presents throughout the year. Pete White will no doubt be stocking
up if I delay too long :-)

Has anyone taken a chainsaw yet to the domes in the Orient Express and
Golden Land sets to make them perfect semi-domes? I look for Richard for
leadership in this regard, as I would just slice my fingers off if I tried
:-)

Although not newly released, I also bought Jabba's Palace recently. Apart
from Jabba himself (lame doesn't even begin to describe this appalling
piece) and the least sexually-alluring Princess Leila minifig that Danish
designers could create (no sex please, we're Danish?!), there are some good
parts in this set, featuring a lot of the "earth tones", not a random blue
brick to be seen. What's more you get 2 staircases, sweet!

Kerry