 Local / Australia / 10712
10711  |  10713
Subject:
TRAINthang II - Saturday 15th March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 02:32:05 GMT

Thanks to all who turned up to the 'running of the trains' or Trainthang I
yesterday near Penrith. Intermittent rainshowers and a slight electrical
problem failed to stop the event. Anthony and myself combined forces to create
a simple 9V layout across the carpeted expanse and John put together a 12V
island layout in the middle. The trains ran across the floor and regulars and
guests gazed in awe at this non-essential use of electricity.

Martin, a short-term visitor from MonLUG and Kerry the BUG braved the sleep-
inducing M4 runway to provide an interstate and international component.
Robert provided a mini-dealership caryard for trackside, that appeared to trade
in ex-Star Wars models as well. My still constructed Church of Seamentology
failed to entice any trains to stop at it's hastily constructed station and
my still-in-construction battleship sat menacingly in dry-dock trackside.
Minifigs waited patiently at Anthony's orient-influenced station all day for
a train to stop, only to later view the crocodile engine lose it's head going
around bookshelf bend and continue on it's merry way headless.

So, another running of the trains is planned for the 15th of March, which is
a Saturday 3 weeks from now at the same venue, but in the much larger school
hall. Run time should be 10am until 6pm, but if you can only make it for part
of that time, that is fine. Email me for details.

I would have aimed for March 22, but the New South Wales State Premier,
Bob Pedestrian is aiming for re-election. So it's the ides of March instead.

pete.w