 Local / Australia / 10404
Re: Myer 30% off Lego - Wednesday 18th Dec ONLY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:05:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Cook writes:
Hi all,
   Myer (Melbourne) has a 30% off sale on Lego (and some other
stuff - Harry Potter in general, some other toys too).  But, the
sale is *today only*.  On the other hand, the city store is open
until 10pm - don't know about suburban stores, but they might be
open extended hours too.

... and so I wandered along after work and picked up three
sets - 8461 (Williams F1 car), 7153 (Jango Fett's Slave I),
and 4790 (Hogwarts Castle), for a grand total of ... $254.
It seems the F1 car scanned at a much lower price than the
price tag on the box (104.30 instead of 219).  I did ask the
salesperson if the total was correct, since I was expecting
to pay around 360, but all she did was check that there were
3 items on the receipt.  I didn't push the point, since it
was a mistake in my favour, and while I don't wish any
trouble for the salesperson, Myer have in the past done
quite sneaky things - for example, raising prices the
week before a 20% off sale [1], so I don't feel too horribly
guilty about it (I'm not going to walk back in and demand
to pay them more money ;->  ).

This "Insta-Sale" was timed very well, for me - on Monday I got
a bunch of Myer vouchers from work for a project I did some
work on.  All in all, worked out quite well, and I still have
money for other stuff (like the ISD :-> ).

David.

[1]  (this was last year sometime)
     The MTT had been selling for $84.  They lifted the
     price to $99, then had a 20% off sale ...  oddly,
     I didn't buy with their "whopping" $4 discount, I
     got it for $76 at Big W instead :)