 Local / Australia / 10391
Re: Large starship design thought (easier read)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:54:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
The hangar roof looks like a card, which is a pity - in plastic,
it would be one hell of a starship hull section ;-)  Mind you,
if Lego can use printed fabric roofing sections, I guess we're
allowed to use painted card.  I had never thought of this before.
Build the ship's skeletal structure with MB (or even Lego ;-),
and then clad large sections of it with (perhaps curved) card,
attractively printed using your trusty colour printer and some
self adhesive labels.  Too cool.  I might finally be able to
build a decent carrier!  I can think of half a dozen people who
might be able to use this technique to turn small collections,
light on for plates, into starship construction yards...

As time permits, expect to see a Port Block Yards freighter on this design

Hmmmm.... keep going down that path and you'll eventually be able to
eliminate LEGO-like bricks from your designs entirely....

Beyond the pale, huh?

Not to worry.  Have to keep a closer eye on what to share :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...