 Licensed / Batman / 32
Re: Retro-esque Batmobile
Newsgroups:
lugnet.licensed.batman
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 00:20:26 GMT

   Nice MOC, Richie-- really says “Batmobile”.

   “Batman in Aussieland”? First, Batman drove the Batmobile, not the Boy Wonder. Now, even if you claim Batman is driving your MOC, the Batmobile had its steering wheel on the correct side, not bassackwards like you Aussies and Pommies.

Now, to sound like a total GEEK (following should be read in the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons): In episode 105, 106 and 107, of the original 1966 Baman series, Batman and Robin travel to England to fight Lord Fogg, and it those episodes Btman demonstrates that the Batmobile’s steering wheel can be moved to allow driving in England. Obviously, Batman uses the same trick when in Australia!

(Now to not seem like a totla geek, just a mild one, I did have to look up the episode numbers... but I did remember that the steering wheel moves on my own!)

I love you’re Batmabile, especially seeing that yo didn’t use any reference. Here’s a look at the Batmobile I made based on the 1966 car. I did use LOTS of reference... and also, it is made almost entirely from parts from the official Batmobile set.

-Greg