 LEGOLAND / California / 794
793  |  795
Subject:
Brick or Treat costume contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:50:02 GMT

My family and I went to LL CA last Sunday for the Brick or Treat celebration. And with the new LEGO viking sets just released, I decided to make a viking costume for my 3 year son. I built the helmet from scratch as I wated it to match the LEGO minifig version. It started as a plastic salad bowl. The axe is a modified and painted halloween toy, and the shield started out as a plastic dinner plate. The tunic is made for a couple of place mats, and belts are from a local $1 store.

On stage for the contest. Zachary won best of show! Man that’s a hairy kid.

Zach with his sisters.

A really great minifig Obi-wan costume. This won the “most LEGO” theme.

Enjoying his loot.