 LEGOLAND / California / 787
786  |  788
Subject:
Child Friendly Golf Course Opening At Legoland CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:42:17 GMT

CARLSBAD, Calif. (June 1, 2005) –  LEGOLAND® California is bringing the game of
golf to a child’s level this summer.  The 128-acre family theme park is teaming
up with La Jolla Club Golf Company, the country’s leading designer of children’s
golf clubs, to present a ground-breaking attraction, Wild Woods Golf.

On July 8, 2005, LEGOLAND California proudly launches “Wild Woods Golf”
presented by La Jolla Club Golf Company.  Spanning nearly 23,000 square feet,
this course showcases fun and exciting interactive features designed to entice
and delight players young and old.  An innovative concept in miniature golf, the
new attraction will include more than 40 LEGO® forest creatures along the
18-hole experience.

“Golf is a natural addition to our park,” said John Jakobsen, president and
general manager of LEGOLAND California.  “We’re excited about the new attraction
as an opportunity to bring the whole family together in a fun and interactive
golfing experience with a LEGO twist.”

In order to teach children proper putting techniques, La Jolla Club Golf Company
has designed a unique custom putter featuring a patented alignment system
incorporating LEGO elements. Golfers can learn proper putting techniques by
properly positioning the LEGO bricks to form a “T.”  La Jolla Club Golf Company
developed the Patented Geometrical Alignment Putter System after years of
analyzing putting strokes.  Alignment, hand position, face angles and lies are
the most important aspects of the setup.  Using the alignment system, players
will consistently have the perfect set up, every time.

“We are extremely pleased to partner with LEGOLAND and the Wild Woods Golf
attraction,” said Paul Herber, president of La Jolla Club Golf Company. “Our
Junior Clubs have always been a significant part of our business, and this
partnership offers a great opportunity to introduce more young players to the
game of golf.”

La Jolla Club Golf Company has designed four clubs specifically for LEGOLAND
California: one for adult males, one for adult females/teens and two children’s
clubs - all include left-handed options.

LEGOLAND has teamed up with Sportexe Select to create this interactive golf
course.  Unique features include audio effects such as hissing snakes, clapping
and cheering, huge interactive LEGO models such as a talking Grizzly Bear
immersed in water and special instructions at each hole designed to entertain
and educate golfers.  A nominal greens fee will be charged to each player.

“Our team is on site now and construction is nearly complete,” said David
Staines, general manager of Sportexe Select, the miniature golf division of
Sportexe.  “We’re pleased and honored to be working with LEGO and the people at
LEGOLAND California.”

Wild Woods Golf is the third new attraction to open in 2005 at LEGOLAND
California.  Other new additions within the Park’s capital expansion plan
include Knights’ Tournament, which opened Memorial Day weekend and is the first
robo-coaster in North America, and the renovation of Miniland New York which
includes a 28-foot tall LEGO model of the Freedom Tower and opened in March.