 LEGOLAND / California / 610
609  |  611
Subject:
Changes to Pick-a-Brick inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:45:09 GMT

Hi folks,

I've just moved to California, and one of my first considered activities was to
visit LLC and get a membership.  That done, I headed off to PaB...

I've noticed a few changes in their inventory that I thought I'd post in case
anyone is making plans to visit and splurge:

Several colour/brick combinations I've never seen before are there:

Trans-White:
2x3 plate
2x4 plate
2x2 45 degree inverse slope

Yup trans inverse slopes.  Who knew?

Tan and Gray both seem to be out of arches of all descriptions, and I think
black may be limited as well - I definitely still saw black 1x4 and 1x6 arches.

On the other hand, the number of bins for tan and gray looks about the same, so
they've added something.  My bet is that they've filled out some of the gaps in
plate coverage.  In particular, tan seemed to have (from memory) 1x1, 1x2, 1x3,
1x4, 1x6, 1x10 plates, as well as a good selection of 2xN plates.

Yep, Tan 1x1 plates; get 'em while they're hot.

In general, there seems to be a tendency away from slope bricks, arches, etc.,
and a tendency toward standard sized bricks and plates in 1xN and 2xN sizes.

I hope they either resupply the odder bricks, or start filling out the rarer
colours; I can get all the 1x4 gray bricks I need at Shop @ Home.  Not that
they're catering to AFOLs in particular, but...

One side note - I was down to LLC in July and brought back parts for lots of
friends in rtlToronto.  I bought a fair amount of Lego - nothing ridiculous, but
a fair few bags full.

Walking in on a slow day in September, the clerk looks up and says - "Hey, I
remember you!"

Doh!

Jeff Elliott