 LEGOLAND / California / 61
Re: beach?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 23:45:16 GMT

Have you made your trip to Carlsbad yet, Paul? If not, let me know and
I'll tell you all about the beaches.

Asa starter, there is only about a mile stretch in Carlsbad where you
can reasonably reach the beach, with one section (across from the Encina
power plant; no, it's not as bad as it sounds) where the beach meets the
road. However, keep in mind that even now with the air temperature in
the 80s, the water is cold.

The beach at the south end of Carlsbad is either a sheer cliff with no
stairs or access, or in the case of Ponto Beach fairly blocked by an
overnight RV park.

-- Gordon

Paul Gyugyi wrote:

So, we're finally going to Legoland, and want to
hang out an extra day at the beach.

What's the beach like in Carsbad?
From surfing the web (the Tamerack Lodge site),
it looks like in the north end of the city there
is a cliff with staircase to go down to get to
the beach.  Is it still like that further to the
south near the entrace to Legoland (I'm thinking
near where the new Hilton is being built)?
Can anyone recommend a good kid-friendly hotel,
preferably a suite & kitchenette?