 LEGOLAND / California / 520
519  |  521
Subject:
Sports Center 'opened' today.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 05:27:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Even though it has been open for close to a month now, Legoland had its
grand opening for the Sports Center today. The only reason I can think of as
to why they pushed the date back is because the Duplo promo bricks were
late. Other than that I am clueless as to why the date was pushed back when
the area was ready for what was supposed to be the opening date.

Another thing that struck me as VERY odd was they closed the area down to
*everybody* at 3pm. This was because they had some kids from some center
come to play there while Drew Breeze (sp?) hung out with them. I wonder why
they did this - its like saying "hey, come celebrate the grand opening of
our new area! But we are going to shut it down and kick you out at this
time!" Who knows what they were thinking. Oh well, there was nothing special
about the area today other than the duplo bricks they were giving out to
passholders at guest services:
http://www.landofbricks.com/sets/duplopromo/sportscenter.jpg

If you want to read about it some more, or see some pictures you are free to
check it out on my site:
http://www.landofbricks.com/

Other than that it was a great day at LLCA for me - my youngest is now tall
enough to ride some of the rides. He rode the airplanes, helicopters and did
the sarfari trek for the first time today! He was so jazzed - he was really
getting tired of watching his older sister ride all the rides. And on the
way out we did one of those surveys and got a free Lego set!

So free duplo promo bricks, bionicle masks, a Lego set AND my youngest rode
some rides - yup, it was one of the best days I have had at LL in awhile.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com